Tired of the same old breakfast while camping? Mix it up with this delicious recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
1 cup milk or milk alternative
½ cup sugar or sweetener of choice
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp vanilla
1 cup blueberries fresh
8 slices bread
Heavy duty aluminum foil
Butter or oil to coat foil
Syrup, whip cream or ice cream to make it extra special
1. Mix together the milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
2. Pour the liquid egg and milk mixture over the cubed bread pieces.
3. Stir the bread pieces to cover thoroughly. Don’t over stir or the bread pieces will dissolve or turn to complete mush.
4. Carefully fold in the blueberries and let the bread soak up most of the remaining mixture. It doesn’t have to sit for very long.
5. Take four pieces of aluminum foil and coat it with butter
6. Spoon the soaked bread and blueberry mixture into the center of the foil, and carefully fold the packets with the seam on top.
7. Place the packets on the grill or camp fire, but be sure to place them on indirect heat or they will burn.
8. Let the packets cook for 25-35 minutes. The heat within the foil will cook the egg mixture all the way through. Remove from campfire or grill and top with syrup and enjoy!